Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this 4.5B engine from work. It has 0 Hr on it was never installed or used. the model# is B4.5-99C, Family is 5CEXL0275AAC. is this engine worth keeping and installing in an CJ-7 Im building or should I sell/junk it? I know it is mostly a 4BT engine and the bell housing adapter plate I have for a GM bell housing fits it just fine. Thanks for any help..

Attachments

4,085 Posts
Edit.... is this engine worth keeping and installing in an CJ-7 I'm building? ..
Yes.

I'm not farmiliar enough with the 4.5s enough to know if it's electronic or mechanical injection.

If electronic, there is a fine thread on one going into a Jeep, otherwise check the tech stickies.

Heck, if you can put a 353 detroit in there, a Cummins has to fit. :D

· Administrator
5,056 Posts
What sane person would junk a zero hour diesel engine? Something seems a bit wacky about this thread. . . AND A WARNING; The FIRST PERSON asking is it for sale, how much, related etc, will receive a small vacation from the forum!

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was supposed to go into a Demo unit we where going to build, but it never happened. so it sat in the warehouse forever now that its a teer2 engine we cant use it in current production. so my Co was scraping it and i was able to take it. it has a DELPHI injection pump on it, i already took that off and gave it to a diesel injection Co by me. he is going to go through it and see what modifications he can make to it to make it perform for an otr application.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Interesting. I would love to have a 4.5 lying around personally...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts