Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am getting this done little by little. I started on my 3" body lift but something don't seem right. Is this lift setup right? I thought maybe I did something wrong. It seems way to high. Also maybe once this engine & trans is in I can lower this down some. Any ideas or sugestions?

Thanks Joe

Also there are more pics here being halfway done.

http://www.putfile.com/j_k_auto/images/140673

·
Registered
49 Posts
Seems right to me, just like mine´s. I have cummins in 95´ pickup and there is no room to lower in tranny tunnel. Your frame is bit rusty.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks. I was told I have to atleast have a 1 1/2 - 2 " lift but three would give me alot of room. Makes it easier to clear things. Do you have a side shot of your truck before and after?

thanks

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I do those trucks and you can do it with out a body lift ! You can also cut down your blocks if you want to lower it a bit.

CrewCab59

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
49 Posts
I do those trucks and you can do it with out a body lift ! You can also cut down your blocks if you want to lower it a bit.

CrewCab59
How if i may ask? My cummins´s turbine housing is like an 1 inch from cab floor and oil pan less than that from front axle.

Do you have a side shot of your truck before and after
Sorry, no. It was lifted when i bought it.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
In general, anything over a 2" body lift can cause the need for a dropped Pitman arm, to prevent bumpsteer. 3" is pushing it with a stock arm, and I believe 4" surely needs a drop arm.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Makes sense, my mistake.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
How if i may ask? My cummins´s turbine housing is like an 1 inch from cab floor and oil pan less than that from front axle.

Sorry, no. It was lifted when i bought it.
The fit and finish depends on how you make your mounts !
Do you mean the fire wall ,the housing isn't that close.

Yes the oil pan will be tight but the ifs axle doesn't move so not a problem.

CrewCab59

1 - 10 of 10 Posts