Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

Radiator hose part number and pictures

18K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Comanche Scott 
#1 ·
I am trying to figure out what radiator hose people have used on their swap. I know every project is different, but I thought it might help to compile some pictures and part numbers. Can't hurt.

#2 · (Edited)
Here's a few part numbers for OE hoses that came on the stepvans.

Note that Cummins B Water inlets are 2 1/4"
Thermostat outlets are 1 3/4
Noting this since many hoses are stepped.

Lower radiator hose for E350 Chassis with 300-6 radiator.
GATES Part # 21812 {1 3/4" x 2 1/4" x 22 1/2" Does Not Contain Spring
Pictured Left
I have one of these hoses, and it does have a spring.

Upper radiator hose for E350 Chassis with 300-6 radiator.
2 versions:
Vertical outlet thermostat housing:
GATES Part # 20677 {1 1/2" x 1 3/4" x 25 3/32" Does Not Contain Spring}
This one gets cut shorter and loses the "kink", but keeps the 90* bend.
Pictured Center

Forward outlet thermostat housing:
GATES Part # 21811 {1 1/2" x 1 3/4" x 16 13/32" Does Not Contain Spring}
Pictured Right

Attachments

#8 ·
Hose on the left (21812) is NAPA 8502. does not give vehicle listing though.

#3 ·
Now onto the GM P30 chassis hoses

Lower radiator hose:
GATES Part # 21731 {1 3/4" x 2 9/32"(2 1/4) x 23 29/32" Does Not Contain Spring}
Pictured Left
This hose is somewhat squirrely in appearance with a few bends

Upper radiator hose with forward outlet thermostat housing:
GATES Part # 21729 {1 1/2" x 1 3/4" x 32 13/16" Does Not Contain Spring}
Pictured Right

Radiator for GM P30 pictured for reference of how these hoses connect

Attachments

#4 ·
We measured inlets and outlets, bent two wires and went to NAPA. After a few minutes of looking at hoses we found what we needed.

#5 ·
I had some problems finding what I needed for my application and ended up taking some 304SS tubing to Midas, paying the guy 10 bucks to use his hydraulic pipe expander and making a transition piece so that on my lower hose, I could use the 2 1/4 90* and on the other end have a 1 3/4 90* going into the radiator. I left my transition piece long and just cut it to length...

a bit more time and I probably could have found what I needed.. but it was one of the last things on the to do list!

#6 · (Edited)
Used a summit cross flow radiator in a Jeep cherokee chief swap part number BCI-35002 fit really well 19"x26" IIRC which put water necks top driverside and lower on passenger side. the lower neck tilts towards the engine which is a pain . for radiator hoses.

on lower i used a dodge lower hose for the 90* and then cut it and then inserted another smaller hose with a Od that fit into the ID of the dodge hose & the correct bends to get where i needed it. rubber cement and a piece of tubing used the stock dodge lower radiator hose for the 90* 2-1/4 to 2" reduction and for the angle then i got a goodyear hose part number 61559 that has an S curve cut the hose with the s curve slide a piece of tubing inside it to make it riggid then put rubber cement all on the outside of the S curved hose and slipped it into the 2" hose. tight fit let it cure and so far so good

bad angle but the serpantine belt goes straight from the alternator to the ac compressor and yes it clears the lower hose even though it doesnt entirely look like it in the picture. i currently have the non ac serp belt on since the ac compressor is not hooked up yet.
bing on the inside and everything tighted up with a hose clamp worked just fine

Top hose is a Napa 8620 Dodge diesel 1991-98 upper hose

#7 ·
Application: 92 F150 w/stock rad. for 302)

Upper (2 hoses used): Eng. side - Gates 20475
Rad. side - Gates 62201
(these hoses were spliced in the middle w/ tubing)

Lower (1 hose used): Napa 8327
(this is with using a X-over piece of tubing to get the lower outlet of the radiator on the passenger side of truck in order to use the one lower hose)

Might help someone doing this specific swap...:beer:

#9 ·
Upper radiator hose with forward outlet thermostat housing:
GATES Part # 21729 {1 1/2" x 1 3/4" x 32 13/16" Does Not Contain Spring}
Pictured Right

How long is the straight part in the center?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.