Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Became a member years ago when I started my build but never really got into the forums. Ive put a 4BT into an '84 Ramcharger that Ive had since 2011, got sick of the money spent on fuel for a weekend of hunting west of where I was living and loved the idea of a 4BT under the hood. The build was done in 2016, has an NV4500 out of a '96 cummins, an NP205 from a '93, just recently re-geared both axles due to blowing up the rear Im now running 3.73s with the chrysler 9.25 rear and dana44 front. Ill post a build thread when I find all the pictures Ive taken over the years. Was looking for some Ramcharger guys, currently installing a 1st gen intercooler wondering if anyone has installed them directly behind the radiator or just cut holes on the front side of the clip and mounted behind the grill like Ive seen. Ill keep searching. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Mounting behind the water radiator uses preheated 190 degree or so air, very inefficient. Find some way to put the air to air first.

Ed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should have said directly in front of radiator sorry! Theres a space between the front clip and the rad that requires some cutting and welding, which is the route Im going as of today. I haven't seen any pictures online of anyone going this way yet most Ive seen is guys mounting it to the front clip behind the grill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts