Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I bought a 3.9 cummins. Well I want to put it in my Supercab Ranger. But I want the 4bt to be sitting on straight axles. So recently I found an 1995 Dodge 2500 single cab short box that has a wheelbase of 118.7 inches and I believe but not sure but the dana 70 is 65.5 inches wide. The Ranger has a wheelbase of 117.6 inches and the ford 8.8 is 58.5 inches wide. Really what I want to do is swap the 4bt into the dodge frame because buying and installing engine mounts would be simple. Then drop the body onto the dodge frame. But I'm really clueless about frame widths. Or should I just put the 4bt in ranger frame and get axles dana 60-70 machined and figure out mounting and suspension. Please give me insight, thanks for reading!

·
Registered
860 Posts
the swap wont help with motor mounts---the dodge and dakota frame are wider than an s10 or ranger---if you are looking for more narrow axles you might put a tape to 68-69 dana 44 on a full size wagoneer or maybe a scout----all kinds of beef up stuff for the 44 and it should live ok with a fairly stock 4bt.......almost forgot toyota axles...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but your post makes me question if you have the abilities to complete a project like this. Engine mounts are a lot easier than a frame swap. Don't get in over your head and make a money pit that gets abandoned before it's finished.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts