Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve got a 6BT/NV4500/Ford NP205 swapped into my GMT400 truck. I’m trying to figure out the best way to connect my factory floor shifter to the NP205 and figured I’d ask around to see if anyone had an example to share.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I do not have a specific design but when I fabricated the shifter for my 203/205 I found that schedule 80 1/4" pipe has an ID that only requires enlarging by ~ .015" to tap for a 3/8-24 internal thread, which gives you lots of control rod ends making linkage fabrication relatively easy.

Reactions: LoCascio Inc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve looked into twin stick options as a last resort but I really want to use the OEM shifter. I just really want the truck to appear as factory as possible. I think I’ve got a solution worked out. Just waiting on some rod ends for the custom linkage I’ve cooked up. I’ll post some pics if it’s a success.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I tried using the stock shifter on that same setup but it was hitting the the trans case in too many places. Going cable shift with mine now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried using the stock shifter on that same setup but it was hitting the the trans case in too many places. Going cable shift with mine now.
Here is my solution. I only had to fabricate the little pivot arm in the middle of the linkages and puzzle piece everything together. Nothing binds and it seems to work pretty good. There’s plenty of room for improvement though. In the future I’ll extend the lower portion of the factory shift lever to improve the angle of the first linkage and make some proper spacers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts