Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
361 - 380 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I grabbed those pics off the internet, they're the first gen mounts like I'm using.
the 2710 isolators are definitely a lot bigger and the bolt is centered rather than on the bottom. it looks like I won't have to build up the perch area to make up for moving the engine back 8 inches.
I'm glad you posted yours, if I ever had instructions they're long gone and I would have mounted them sideways !

·
Registered
454 Posts
I see an awful lot of similar Anchor mounts installed with the tabs every which way, so I don't really know what the difference might be. I just did what the little picture showed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know people haven't posted in a while, but what is the general consensus for the mounts. Are the liquid filled mounts imperative to reducing vibrations at idle? I can't seem to justify their costs unless they either completely, or almost completely eliminate the vibrations.

·
Registered
74 Posts
here is what I came up with. I took the basic idea from another members pics in this forum. don't know if they will work yet, but when I get to fire the motor I will find out. Engine Auto part Vehicle Automotive engine part Car
Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
86 F350, 2000 Dodge Ram mounts, as they use 2 different mounts I used 2 the same to drop the engine as low as I could get it.
Fabricated frame plates use existing holes.
The rear ones are Toyota Landcruiser

Cheers Steve
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle Chassis Bumper

Engine Auto part Vehicle Automotive engine part Car

Engine Auto part Motor vehicle Automotive engine part Vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Auto part Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
2004 Durango 4bt Build

Right Hand Mount is a combination of 3/8" plate and a cut up factory hemi mount.

RH Mockup
Auto part Automotive tire Vehicle Family car Engine

RH Finished
Product Technology

RH Installed
Auto part Engine Vehicle

LH mount is a combination of the left mount from the step van and some scrap metal.

Auto part Rust
Auto part Drive shaft Suspension part Vehicle

Transmission mount is a combination of the factory cross member and some 2" x 6" channel iron. The 47RH factory mount sits about 4" forward of the original Hemi/45RFE transmission mount.

Auto part Rust Vehicle

·
Registered
565 Posts
And bigger in all dimensions, see picture. I ripped the rubber on a Dodge gas Anchor brand motor mount, part # 2469. I replaced them with Dodge diesel motor mounts, different brand (bought what was in stock). No problems in over 10,000 miles. Details are buried somewhere in my build thread.

View attachment 33738

Thanks, I needed to know which to choose between the anchor 2469 and 2710!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I was worried about vibration when I was building my mounts, but I guess my truck is so heavy that it doesn't really effect it. I used some cheap autozone mounts and they have worked great w 3k miles and two 2 big road trips. There are pics and vids of my mounts in my signature.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I used 1/4" plate & some 2" x 1/8" wall sqare tubestock. Bolted to first gen mount in their stock location.

Orange makes them stronger

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Orange makes them stronger
Are you worried about strength? You're motor mounts use more steel plate than the A-Team used in 10 episodes :lol:

361 - 380 of 412 Posts