Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I saw this thread about the LS185B to 4BT engine swap. I was wondering how you went with it. I have one of these loaders with exactly the same issue (rod out of the block) I was wondering if the 4bt this worked. I understand you have the common rail version of this engine but anyway...

· Registered
2 Posts
New to the group, just purchased a 2005 Newholland LS185B with a bad Iveco 334tm2 engine (threw a rod and destroyed the crank) well long story short those engines are almost impossible to find parts for! I’ve always loved Cummins engines, and decided to buy a 2003 4BT from an old FedEx truck. It has the computer on the side of the block, but I’m wondering what all electrical inputs I need to make this beautiful engine roar back to life in a new body? I will be cleaning it up tomorrow to get numbers on here also!
I have the same problem with a Iveco engine with a hole in the side, not a direct replacement anywhere. I will try to find an older mechanical 4BT. My question is have you physically installed the 4BT in the L185 skid steer and what sort of issues did you have withh the mounting and hydro pump connections etc. Thanks

· Registered
13,437 Posts
Just a little bit of info, the Iveco 334TM2 is a Cummins design engine. It's basically a Cummins 3bt. We literally never see a 3b or 3bt in the USA. Apparently they were mostly overseas. I've only seen one which is a Case 3-290 which is a 4b 3.9 less 1 cylinder. The 334 is 3/4 of a 4.5 engine. It's a little odd as it has the 2 valve head but rear gear train setup. I one time thought one of those 3 cylinders would make an interesting swap in a small pickup but those things can be more expensive that a 4bt. I looked at the cost of a rebuilt engine and it was only a little over $15,000. Those things must have some gold in them.

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I saw this thread about the LS185B to 4BT engine swap. I was wondering how you went with it. I have one of these loaders with exactly the same issue (rod out of the block) I was wondering if the 4bt this worked. I understand you have the common rail version of this engine but anyway...
Were You able to fit a 4BT in the new Holland Ls185B. Any Issues?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts