Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got the motor mounted in my effie. went to see how the starter was going to fit. the poxy steering box is in the road. :( the question i have is, has anyone seen an ordinary ( non reduction ) starter for these engines ? i reckon if i had one, it would clear the steering box. the reduction starter pokes out a long way from the engine. also, can anyone give me the dimensions of the starter spacer from the ford adaptor ? i might be able to get away with making a custom one which rotates the starter near the engine. :idea: and the exhaust manifold.:(

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I had a similar problem with my Dodge, as the starter contacted the steering box. I just made up a 3/8" [10mm] plate to fit under driver's side motor mount and problem was solved.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not in that position. the motor is offset to the left. ( looking into the engine bay. ) by turning the starter around so the bolt boss hits the block, i am still only able to just get 5/16ths odd clearance. i still don't have an adaptor to the flywheel housing. can anyone give em the dimensions so i can investigate a custom one ?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didn't even think of that post. :rasta: silly me. thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts