Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 K10 with a 4BT in it, has anyone on here used the stock throttle cable from the Chevy for the 4bt?

I have an Allison 1000 in it, so I have to run a stand alone TPS that also connects to the throttle linkage on the 4bt - unless anyone on here has a better way for the TPS?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I used throttle assembly from a1983 Suburban. TPS is GM and connected to throttle shaft on IP with whatever size Allen wrench fits the shaft and just happened to also fit the TPS. I was lucky and don’t have the AFC on my pump. Hope this gives you some ideas.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The throttle cable bracket is just a piece of strap iron bent 90 degrees on each end. Getting it the correct length a little tricky. The tos bracket is just some aluminum I tigged together. The Allen capscrew on the throttle shaft was matched to the tps with a cheap NAPA socket Allen wrench that I robbed the Allen extension from. Took a little machining on the end that goes into tps. Running a 4l80e with a U S Shift controller. Close to 7000 miles and no problems.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I ordered the same throttle cable for my build. Looks like I will have to fabricate a bracket. Thank you for the valuable information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts