Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building inventory of proper parts for StreetRod Pickup project and ran across this forum. It fits my project. Have 1951 Ford F-1 pickup used in the Wichita Pool as a Telephone Service Truck by Southwestern Bell. It has been in a barn for 38 years and is rust free. Intend to use 1973 Jaguar rearend from an XJ12L. IRS has inboard brakes and POSI DANA 44. Hope to adapt Air Bags to the IRS. Building a completely NEW frame to take the IRS (and possibly a Volare IFS- Haven't decided yet) of 3/16" wall rectangle tubing. Hope to find a good 4BT to couple to a ford ZF 5-speed from a powerstroker and someday add a Gearvendors overdrive for top end mileage and gear splitting. Will use compressor off a school bus on the 4BT accessory drive to have onboard air and some for the rear spring system and use PTO out the side of the ZF to drive a 10KW generator head under frame for jobsite power. Intend to build a daily driver to use in my work and display as advertizing. Hope to learn and share what I am learning in this forum.

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Sounds like a fun truck. I always did like the old F-1's style..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
51 F-1 Barn Pic

Here is a pic. Hope I got the upload size right . . .

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts