Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at a lot of different builds and I can't decide on what trans. I prefer a manual, it will be in 90's 2 wheel drive s10. Also would anyone know what adapter plate I would need. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is probably of little to no help, being that you're using a GM. But, we just ordered some B3.3 re-power kits from Harlan for some old mules at work and they came with adapters to Ford Windsor bell housings and some C-series automatic. I don't remember seeing stuff for manual transmissions, but I think they had some GM pattern stuff on their site.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Phoenix castings had a gm to b3.3 adapter for both flywheel and bell housing. It's for any trams mated to the 4.3 v6 or 90° v8 engine.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
If it was me, being 2wd I would look for a T56 6 speed for the extra gearing.
a close-ratio wouldn't be my choice to use in a truck, i'd rather go with a 5-speed with a wider gear spread, even if its top gear is lower, and then a taller differential

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'd go Chevy NV3500 with a Phx adapter. Solid unit. Plenty strong for a B3.3. It should work with your speedo if of the same vintage.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Jeep NSG-370 6 speed

·
Registered
226 Posts
Also, I have a close ratio IH T18 with a sae4 bellhousing already and a D20 on it, which you can use in 2wd until you're ready for 4wd. PM me if interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts