Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day , can some one advice on a suitable engin swap for a nissan FD56 diesel non turbo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you looking for an engine to replace an FD46 or for a vehicle to swap and FD46 into?
Yes i want to replace the FD47 with another tipe of motor and want to find out what other motors out their will be a suitable swap

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
You have a few issues with your posting. The title is for an FD46 but your first post say FD56 and the second one say FD47. If it's an FD46, it is a 4.6L non turbo 4 cylinder engine with 133 HP @ 3000 RPM and 243 lb ft of torque @ 1800 RPM. These were built between 1991-1995. Depending on what bellhousing it has, I would think one of the Cummins engines would be a possible replacement. That will depend on availability in South Africa. In that same time period, Cummins offered a 3.9L 4bt engine with the P7100 injection pump which was 130 HP @ 2500 RPM and 325 lb ft of torque @ 1700 RPM. That is a purely mechanical engine with no computer controls. There was also an ISB 3.9 which is more powerful. That one is a computer controlled common rail injection engine. Along those same line, Cummins now has an ISB 4.5. There is also a brand new ISF 3.8 which is also a totally electronic controlled engine. Don't know what kind of vehicle this is going into. If it has a standard SAE bellhousing on the transmission one of the Cummins would be fairly easy to mate to it. If not, then some custom work would be required. I'm sure there may be other brands of engines such as Mercedes that might work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts