Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buenos días amigos soy nuevo en este foro soy de venezuela tengo un toyota land cruiser fj 62 quiero hacer la adaptación de un motor cummins 4bt 3.9L 8V que me parece un excelente motor aquí viene en algunos camiones Ford I me gustaría saber qué modificaciones tengo que hacer al motor para adaptarlo a mi camioneta para que pueda aumentar sus rpm y CV más gracias amigos

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
buenos días amigos soy nuevo en este foro soy de venezuela tengo un toyota land cruiser fj 62 quiero hacer la adaptación de un motor cummins 4bt 3.9L 8V que me parece un excelente motor aquí viene en algunos camiones Ford I me gustaría saber qué modificaciones tengo que hacer al motor para adaptarlo a mi camioneta para que pueda aumentar sus rpm y CV más gracias amigos
good morning friends i am new to this forum i am from venezuela i have a toyota land cruiser fj 62 i want to make the adaptation of a cummins 4bt 3.9L 8V engine which seems to me an excellent engine here it comes in some Ford trucks I would like to know what modifications I have to make the engine to adapt it to my truck so I can increase its rpm and CV more thanks friends

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
The 4bt was manufactured with several fuel injection pumps. The 4bt is manufactured with no method of attaching a transmission, an adapter plate is needed to connect the 4bt engine to a transmission bell housing.

I have no knowledge of what injection pump and transmission/bellhousing the Venezuelan Ford truck has.

Consider using an engine and transmission from a Venezuelan Ford truck. That way, you would not be searching for adapters to attach a random transmission to the 4bt engine. In North America (USA and Canada), we have options that are getting harder to find - In your case, these options also would be expensive to ship and possibly difficult to import into your country.

The 1986 Ford F150 (see my signature below) - My 4bt came out of a 1986 Ford E350 (bread van) and had an adapter to a common Ford small block V-8 bellhousing pattern. I was able to bolt a 5 -speed overdrive transmission to it.

Russ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 4bt was manufactured with several fuel injection pumps. The 4bt is manufactured with no method of attaching a transmission, an adapter plate is needed to connect the 4bt engine to a transmission bell housing.

I have no knowledge of what injection pump and transmission/bellhousing the Venezuelan Ford truck has.

Consider using an engine and transmission from a Venezuelan Ford truck. That way, you would not be searching for adapters to attach a random transmission to the 4bt engine. In North America (USA and Canada), we have options that are getting harder to find - In your case, these options also would be expensive to ship and possibly difficult to import into your country.

The 1986 Ford F150 (see my signature below) - My 4bt came out of a 1986 Ford E350 (bread van) and had an adapter to a common Ford small block V-8 bellhousing pattern. I was able to bolt a 5 -speed overdrive transmission to it.

Russ
mine also has that bell for me it would not be difficult to import it or make it in iron myself my intrigue is in what is the limitation and what modifications should be made when mounting it in a common truck he brought a rotary injection pump I would like to know what it is what I must modify to be able to make the changes at more rpm the box that I am going to adapt is very similar to the relationship to the nv4500 but it is a 5-speed manual toyota that brings the fj-80 Land Cruiser friend thanks for answering my questions very nice of you

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
We have to start with some information.

Rotary pump is a partial answer - they come in different types VE (most common in trucks), CAV and probably a couple that I do not remember - In general, the governor (engine speed regulator mechanism in the injection pump) is modified by changing an internal spring.

On the transmission, I can not help. I have only done this one 4bt engine swap and it was many years ago

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in a few days the engine I buy will arrive and I will be sending you the photos and the model of the engine and injection pump friend

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Send us the engine specifics, and we can help you figure out how to increase the RPM it produces. Give us a picture of the engine data plate.

As for the truck, did your 62 have a 3fe or a 3f? If you have a factory cable throttle, you can connect the cable to the VE injection pump throttle and that's pretty easy.

Which transmission? H150/H151F?

Ask questions and I can help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Send us the engine specifics, and we can help you figure out how to increase the RPM it produces. Give us a picture of the engine data plate.

As for the truck, did your 62 have a 3fe or a 3f? If you have a factory cable throttle, you can connect the cable to the VE injection pump throttle and that's pretty easy.

Which transmission? H150/H151F?

Ask questions and I can help.
good morning friend thanks for answering the transmission that I have is an H151F the engine arrives in 3 days and I will send the photos of the plate my truck is 3f with carburetor it has the short cable I would like to know which radiator I can use with the 4bt and what modifications should I do to couple the transmission with the engine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts