Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
if i have a bosch ve4 pump
True enough...
The 260 BAR and larger thread on the injector threw me off, I'm not sure where to go but I would want to verify the pop pressure of the injectors I'm running as higher or lower pop pressure will affect actual timing as I understand it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
True enough...
The 260 BAR and larger thread on the injector threw me off, I'm not sure where to go but I would want to verify the pop pressure of the injectors I'm running as higher or lower pop pressure will affect actual timing as I understand it.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
the 14mm thread is the one with 260 bar marking
the 12 mm thread is the one with 245 bar marking
The ones that the engine brought I dumped but they said 245 bar with 14 thread I imagine that is why from that moment I lower the power so much since the pump costs a lot to open those 260 bar injectors I gave more fuel to the pump and not change nothing does not increase the smoke because it can not beat them right?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
[QUOTE = "Camilo barros fj62, publicación: 1073753, miembro: 132866"]
hola amigo acabo de desmontar los inyectores y tienen 260 barras estampadas las 4 son iguales
Ahora tengo 2 que están dañados, son muy viejos de otro motor y dicen 145 bar pero la rosca de entrada de combustible es más delgada en diámetro que las que tengo
[/CITA]
lo siento, los demás dicen que es 245 bar

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
[QUOTE = "Camilo barros fj62, publicación: 1073753, miembro: 132866"]
hola amigo acabo de desmontar los inyectores y tienen 260 barras estampadas las 4 son iguales
Ahora tengo 2 que están dañados, son muy viejos de otro motor y dicen 145 bar pero la rosca de entrada de combustible es más delgada en diámetro que las que tengo
[/CITA]
lo siento, los demás dicen que es 245 bar
sorry the others say it's 245 bar
hello friend I just disassembled the injectors and they have 260 bar stamped all 4 are the same
Now I had 2 that are damaged, they are very old from another engine and say 145 bar but the fuel inlet thread is thinner in diameter than the ones I have
sorry the others say it's 245 bar

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a CA FJ60 owner for ~ 4 years so I can speak to that at least. A stock FJ60 will have the carb'ed 2F engine, a 4 speed manual, and a 2nd stick for the transfer case. Everything is manual - hubs, gears, windows, locks, seats, Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I'm a CA FJ60 owner for ~ 4 years so I can speak to that at least. A stock FJ60 will have the carb'ed 2F engine, a 4 speed manual, and a 2nd stick for the transfer case. Everything is manual - hubs, gears, windows, locks, seats, etc.
My truck is model fj-62 in my country it left in 1992 it brought from the factory 3f motor with 5 speed gearbox and single stick transfer brought electric glasses I added its original fj62 refrigerator console and many extras already switch to cummins 4bt engine and fj-80 box and fj-80 transfers and arb blockers on both of your differentials

·
Registered
11,893 Posts
The 245 bar injectors are the correct ones for a VE injection pump. Only the P7100 pump used the 260 bar injectors. It would take some custom fuel lines for the 260 bar on a VE. The 245 bar units have 12mm threads where the 260 bar are 14mm. Using the 260 bar on a VE pump means the timing is retarded because the injectors are firing late. Also, the VE pump really doesn't like to operate at that higher pressure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
And if you set the injectors to what the opening pressure is 245 bar using the 260 bodies, will you have any inconvenience? I already lowered the pump and sent it to the workshop they told me that the advance piston was damaged and that the pump head was not original and showed wear

·
Registered
11,893 Posts
You could lower the pop pressure of the 260 bar injector but that can be a bit expensive, There are little micro shims inside the injector that adjust spring tension, Those things are expensive plus the cost of having a shop set them up. Where will you get the injector fuel lines? VE fuel lines have 12mm nuts and the 260 bar normally have 14mm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
You could lower the pop pressure of the 260 bar injector but that can be a bit expensive, There are little micro shims inside the injector that adjust spring tension, Those things are expensive plus the cost of having a shop set them up. Where will you get the injector fuel lines? VE fuel lines have 12mm nuts and the 260 bar normally have 14mm.
I don't know where the pipes came from because when I bought it it already came with those lines and I tested the opening pressure of the injectors that I have, which are stamped on the body 260 bar but the opening pressure is 245 bar

41 - 53 of 53 Posts