Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

tdi dakota conversion

44K views 77 replies 24 participants last post by  metallic88 
#1 · (Edited)
so im in the process of converting my dakota to a tdi.
first removed the tdi and wiring from the car

the old turbo next to the new turbo

the adapter form coty build

the truck its going in

heres the first test run to make sure all the wiring was set up right

then after the new turbo,timing belt, cleaned out the nasty intake, and misc stuff

now its ready for the dakota, soon the dakota will get torn down

See less See more
2 4
#2 ·
Hopefully the TDI will have enough power to pull the truck around ?

#9 ·
thats cool those are some insane #s out of a tdi 368.6bhp & 475Ft/Lbs - without Nitrous 426.7bhp & 560Ft/Lbs - with WON Nitrous, I'm really not sure i bought it new I'm just going off what people say it was off, i just know it will get me to my goal of at least 170hp but if i can get more that be sweet. theres a golf that has the same setup i have and he dynoed at that 200hp and 330flbs.

with the stock k03 in that passat it was already a mean motor the racing clutch would slip if you got on it fast. be nice to see it with this turbo in the dakota.

#12 · (Edited)
Honestly I prefer the outboard waterpump myself I would be cautious when it comes time to turn it up if it is a 1z not a ahu Just curious what year was the jetta you pulled it from? I don't know how well you know the tdi but the 1z and ahu are near identical except the pistons the alh was the big change you might have a ahu and not know it i recently bought a 97 jetta the had a (1z) according to th previous owner turned out to be a ahu. most af the early passat where 1z and the jetta were ahu if I remember correctly. Should be a fun swap

#13 ·
its from a 96 passat. the water pump is why i like them also and i do know about the pistons and rods, most tdi people i talk to say it will be fine as long as i dont push more than 20psi boost, so thats all im doing for now one day ill rebuild it with performance rods,pistons and head studs. i was going to use the alh from my 03 jetta but after i found the passat for the price i did it ended up being the one i tore down. thanks

#30 ·
Are you still lookin for the tach wire? I might be able to help ya out. Let me know and I'll look through my paper work.

#39 ·
And everyone says tdi's are too small to push anything of size around...

Around 220hp/425lb-ft TDI's are a riot.

I have a local customer that just put a moderately built AHU in his 04 wrangler 6spd. Motor has ported head, stage 3 colt cam, studs, valve springs, 11mm pump, pp764 nozzles, big fmic, and a gt2052 turbo at 26psi. It's actually what I'd call fast. With 33's he's averaging 29 around town and 34 on the highway at 70. We drag raced against my friends stock 06 4.0L wrangler 6 spd and it wasn't even a contest.

#40 ·
That's great to hear,I've almost got all the components i need to start working on the TDI wagoneer. As soon as I get my shop built the build will begin,you would not believe the amount of flack I get every time I bring up this project the more I get the more determined i am to do it.....I guess what they say is true " the pioneers take the arrows" thanks for giving me another example of a similar sized vehicle that performs as planed/hoped.
Well done and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.