Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some one in the real know!! I have been told by several truck shops including the cummins dealer that the 4bt is a great engine, but it is known for it's severe vibration each person has noted, look at the frito lay trucks and how they vibrate apart! I believe I would love to use one of these engines in a coversion for my daily comute to work 80 miles round trip... I currently drive my power stroke which is converted to WVO , bit still would like more milage.. Tigman

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
I'm pretty sure someone will post up about the OEM P30 liquid filled motor mounts. They are awesome, let the motor shake like crazy, and it hardly affects the chassis/vehicle. That is what I would shoot for.. Bob at Neisho Truck parts in Wisconsin has been selling them for $40 a pair used which is a good deal, he probably has 1-2 dozen pairs of them lying around.. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I just found out from another truck shop in the area that some 4b engines like the "frito" truck engines did not have the rarely ordered gear driven balance shaft" he also said the older Cummins mechanics said that why all the chips were broken, lol" and thats why they are so rough, in agricultural use who cares, over 1000 rpm they are fine but idleing without the balance shaft they are self destructive!! makes sense I should find one with the balance shaft, they also said the oil pan is much deeper with the balance shaft which may be an issue? Tigman:smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts