Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got someone interested in buying my TH400 and the other GM trans stuff but I don't know what they are worth. Anyone got a ballpark price that I should be looking for?

Apparently the truck that the engine/trans came out of had around 60-70k mi on the odometer if that makes any difference.

thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
137 Posts
What T-case? Makes a big difference.

EDIT: eh, maybe not that much of a difference. Say $500 and up around here. Mostly, anyway. The reason? 32spl output and the adapter. Doubler, baby!

·
Registered
37 Posts
They dont all get the cool pan, but they sure do need it. They are real bad about busting the bellhousings. I even run that pan on some of my 4x4's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
and you're going to find another one for me and come to Moab to deliver it, yes?

Thought so. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I forgot to mention originally that it's a 400 that came with a 4bt from a frito truck. That would make it a 2wd trans.

Looks like we're working on a swap rather than a sale. He's got some parts I need and I got a bunch of stuff getting in the way in the garage.

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think what happened was, as the trans went bad, and were replaced, they were replaced with whatever there rebuilders sent to the repair shops in the field. I know I have gotten at least 25 400 cores from a couple of my buddy's shops over the years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
looking

I think what happened was, as the trans went bad, and were replaced, they were replaced with whatever there rebuilders sent to the repair shops in the field. I know I have gotten at least 25 400 cores from a couple of my buddy's shops over the years.
do you have a 4bt adapter to th400 Iv got a 1972 GMC all restored with 454 th400. I just got a 93 6bt for the swap

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tacoma, you mentioned a doubler in conjunction with the 32 spline output shaft. Would you mind elaborating a bit on the possibilities. Thanks Dean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts