Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I've got this build up on a few forums, but this one seems really knowledgeable, so I figure I'd post progress here and get some valuable feedback! I've already started the build, so I'll briefly sum up whats been done so far. I bought this 1986 GMC K30, sans axles, from an owner who robbed the axles for a project and was going to part out or scrap the rest of it. I gladly took what was left. It's a Sierra Classic, so it's got AC, power doors, cruise control, and all the bells and whistles the truck could have at the time. Found some axles to stuff under it and went for a rip

The 6.2/465 combination was possibly the least exciting thing i've ever driven, so I found a 94 Dodge Ram to donate it's guts to this thing. I've been driving 12 vlaves since my first vehicle anyway, I'm used to them.

I'll try to set this build apart from the rest of the squarebody cummins swaps if I can. I've found a full set of King Ranch seats from a junkyard and promptly picked those up for the build. My goal is to modernize the interior as much as possible while retaining the classic look and styling. Not sure on the transmission choice yet, I've been really looking into the 68Rfe with a standalone controller. But I also do love my NV5600s. So that's up in the air at the moment. That's pretty much up to speed at where the truck's at now!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Looks like you are off to a good start. My 1986 (see my signature below) is more modest, plain Jane f150, 4bt. Starting with a running truck puts you way ahead of the game.

·
Registered
10,791 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So progress has been really slow. I was overseas for work for 4 months and had a company building a shop for me while I was gone. It never got finished and the motivation to tear into trucks in minus 40 with a foot of snow is very low, at best. So I’ve been doing research and gathering parts for the spring.

In the meantime I’ve been trying to get my first gen dually back on the road, I’ve got a few vehicles on the go, each one demanding the contents of my wallet, haha. That’s all for now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,791 Posts
You can keep the minus 40 and the snow. It's in the 60-70 range here this week which if very uncommon for January.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts