Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have BF6L913 that I just recently swapped into one of our drill rigs. My question is about the starting aid on these motors. How do they work? Let me explain what I think I see. So off the back of the injection pump is a little magnetic solenoid. That has one wire going to it. I hooked it up to a push button. So when pushed, it makes a click. There is a steel line that goes up to the manifold on top of the motor. There is nothing else. I have taken this line loose, started the motor and held the push button, and nothing comes out of the line. I have never seen anything come from the line that come from the rear of the injection pump, and goes to the manifold. There is no glowplug anywhere also. And I missing parts to make this setup work? And why isnt it pumping fuel? Or is it even suppose to?

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
That thing is kinda neat. Wonder if Cummins ever used those. Some of their intake elbows have a removable plug. That would probably use less current from the battery than glow plugs or a grid heater.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
That would probably use less current from the battery than glow plugs or a grid heater.
it might also not to be so restrictive as the grid heater ends up becoming when the engine is heavily tuned...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts