Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doing a chevy to cummins conversion with a 90 cummins. Is there any way that a different thermostat housing can be used on this motor to make it go towards the driver side to mate up with the chevy style radiator. right now it is facing the passenger side. thanks for your help nick

·
Registered
278 Posts
The Dodge 12V points toward the driver's side. There is one that points straight up. There is also one that points straight forward.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Not all dodge 12 valves direct coolant to the drivers side. The non intercooled engines from the dodge trucks, probably where {1985cucv} got his from points upward. Their are many different housings that will located the outlet just about any where you need it. One from intercooled cummins powered dodge 12valve should work.

·
Registered
168 Posts
stat hsg

you always have the option of going to a muffler shop and having a tube bent to match your required direction and then use straight hose on the ends....this is done alot in all kinds of repowers. Sometimes it's easier than changing housings

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,654 Posts
I'll trade you. I have a new Dodge housing that points left and I need a Dodge housing thats points right .

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
New in the box.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
stat hsg

I;ll check and see if I still have the straight up housing, it will be Sunday before I can check. Steve

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah we can do that let me get the motor out (which will be this friday or saturday ill keep in touch with ya thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
definitly points to the passenger side

the housing definitly points to the passenger side of the truck i am positive of this because i just looked at it tonight. its kind of weird that no one has seen this or that anyone has said that it was done before.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
the housing definitly points to the passenger side of the truck i am positive of this because i just looked at it tonight. its kind of weird that no one has seen this or that anyone has said that it was done before.
Yea, It was only used on the non-intercooled trucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts