1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the Philippines, the equivalent of your Mitsubishi Montero or Dodge Raider is the Mitsubishi Pajero. This has a turbo 4D56 engine rated at 99 BHP at 4000 RPM. In the newer models after 1998, these vehicles sported the newer 4M40 engines [2.8 liters cubic displacement] with 125 BHP.

·
Registered
250 Posts
if you do go ahead with this swap donot open the pump up to far as you will crack the head a little bit of boost and a little bit of fuel is ok but not a lot

·
Registered
285 Posts
This sounds good with a few exceptions: Check the gearing. I remember the monteros (all the ones i drove were v6's) revving alot but have no idea as far as factory gearing. Consider using this motor to prototype the swap and then import a half cut with that has the 4m40. I say this because the 4d55's reputation is that it is not that great and is prone to failure. Monteros are heavy and not aerodynamic, so will put alot of strain on this subpar motor. Mitsubishis in general in the US may have trouble finding parts as time goes by. My buddy that had a montero had trouble finding some rear axle parts 5 years ago. I love the monteros though and if these problems aren't a big deal, then rock on and keep us posted!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts