Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a nice little thread in General Discussion going and almost all of my post count is due to this one thread. Now it is gone!

What happened?

·
Administrator
4,157 Posts
I went back through 49 pages of history to December 2015 and found nothing. Did you have any recent activity in this thread since then? There are on1y 2 thread posts in your profile history and your count shows 25 posts.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is one of the emails that I received from the subscription.

Reply to thread 'Bought four 6BTs; need ideas on testing what I have'

Dear marshallnoise,

char1355 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Bought four 6BTs; need ideas on testing what I have - in the General Discussion forum of Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?102370-Bought-four-6BTs-need-ideas-on-testing-what-I-have&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
On the fueling of the P pump, much of that is controlled by the torque plate. There are many different grinds of that plate that affect when the fuel is delivered. Those have numbers starting at O and up to 100. Usually the lower numbers are the most aggressive. An O runs the pump at full fueling all the time. OK for a super high power engine but not the best manners for the average road engine. The 230 HP 6bt had a #6. Pretty aggressive there. A #10 is a favorite of many 6bt owners. Starts out mild and gets stronger up top. I believe member Steed has build an electronically controlled plate that lets you adjust on the fly. On the governor, yes, the pump will start to defuel as the limit is approached. Probably starts about 100 RPM below the limit. Like I said, the kits often have both 3000 and 4000 RPM springs. You'd definitely want to install the HD valve springs for that. They aren't a bad idea anyway. Not all that expensive for a bit of peace of mind. Should you ever cons
ider an
exhaust brake they would be mandatory. Setting the timing on the pump can have several good benefits. Generally better power and lower EGT. Don't want to exceed 16 deg. That seems to be the magic spot to shoot for.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums

SUPER WEIRD!

Oh and here is a google search of my thread title: https://www.google.com/search?q=Bought+four+6BTs;+need+ideas+on+testing+what+I+have&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

·
Administrator
4,157 Posts
Not only is the thread deleted; it has been permanently removed, I can restore a deleted thread but I can NOT permanently delete any threads, not even ones that I originate.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not only is the thread deleted; it has been permanently removed, I can restore a deleted thread but I can NOT permanently delete any threads, not even ones that I originate.
Well that sucks! I must have really screwed up somehow. 😱

1 - 9 of 9 Posts