Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How tall is the intake on top of the engine? If the whole engine is 35in from the oil sump to the intake tube how much height can I get rid of by changing the intake horn to come in on the side? A 26 inch engine will fit fine in my discovery with its two inch lift. The other ten inches of the Cummins I would have to make up in hood or lift mods and that is a lot. If the change of the intake can net me some room this would be great.

Attachments

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JimmieD "A dry sump system is superior to anything else and gives the most clearance."

Yep, and with some components available from Milodon a guy can DIY it fairly cheap and easy.
Cool I did not even think about a dry sump. Do you know what the part #s are?

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can do the fab work so that will help with the cost. Moving the intake to the side should net me some room and a sump will help with the rest of the clearance issues. I have no other examples of anyone doing this swap in the group of local clubs around me. Looks like they will have to learn from me. I think Old Scout on pirate is putting in a 4bt, but I think he is going with a deferent drive train. thank you for the help. After seeing a 4BT in person the other day I was a little worried about how to stuff it in the Rover. :beer:

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The DI 's have only a few lights on the dash to worry about. The ABS light is on already(common problem). For the rest I will probably remove the lights from the dash. This truck is my trail truck/weak end driver and I do not plan on getting rid of it. The pans on Dailey are great looking products thanks for the link. I would like to put a 300TDI in, but the parts on this side of the pound are hard to come by. I want to use this rig for cross country expedition's and the Cummins has more available parts in most towns over here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.