Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about upgrading my torque converter and not sure the best place to get one. Also, want to verify that 1300 stall is a good option. I'm in so cal... for now. But I guess shipping isn't a big deal.

It's a 4bt with a 4r70w ford trans. I've turned up the boost and ve pump and added the dynamic timing device. So it's making good power. Any recommendations would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,996 Posts
The 1300 RPM stall is considered a good point for a 4bt. Don't know that we've had many users of the 4R70W or any Ford automatic for that matter. That is a somewhat lighter duty transmission that traces its heritage back to the old FMX but it's specs show it to be quite strong and has a torque rating of 700 lb ft which is well above what most any 4bt will produce. We've had a few using the E4OD and the better 4R100 which actually came behind diesel.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 1300 RPM stall is considered a good point for a 4bt. Don't know that we've had many users of the 4R70W or any Ford automatic for that matter. That is a somewhat lighter duty transmission that traces its heritage back to the old FMX but it's specs show it to be quite strong and has a torque rating of 700 lb ft which is well above what most any 4bt will produce. We've had a few using the E4OD and the better 4R100 which actually came behind diesel.
Yah I had quite a bit of work done to it to ensure it could handle the low rpm torque. So far it's been a great trans. I think the stock convertor that's in it is 1600 and since I turned it up I can feel it pushing the stall speed up. You know of a good convertor shop you can recommend?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about upgrading my torque converter and not sure the best place to get one. Also, want to verify that 1300 stall is a good option. I'm in so cal... for now. But I guess shipping isn't a big deal.

It's a 4bt with a 4r70w ford trans. I've turned up the boost and ve pump and added the dynamic timing device. So it's making good power. Any recommendations would be great!

Thanks!
I'm running a Big Block E4Od in my bronco with a 7.3 Torque converter. Works great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts