Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking at doing another repower. i have been looking at 14B-T's.
these are 3.7 L and turbo. not sure about power/torque. they come with a 5 speed OD gearbox, which looks like it would be easy enough to mod for floor shift. out of a dyna truck i guess. anyone used one or had one in a truck ?

·
Super Moderator
8,818 Posts
My current place of work has two dyna's with 14B's in them (non turbo).
Smooth, quiet and flexible engine. But I expected an engine that size to go better than they do. They seem comparable grunt wise to the Isuzu 4BC2 which is a 3.3L.

·
Super Moderator
8,818 Posts
i always thought the bj nameplate was used only in brazilian 40-series landcruisers (last ones were already fitted with the non-turbo 14b)...
BJ is the model code. J is landcruiser, B is the engine series.
Both the 3B and 13BT engines use the BJ model code, in 40, 60 and 70 series cruisers. I've never seen a 14B powered landcruiser, but they would also be BJ models.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I've never seen a 14B powered landcruiser, but they would also be BJ models.
the 40-series landcruiser made in brazil and badged as bandeirante had the diesels supplied by mercedes-benz replaced by the 14b from '94 to 2001 when they were phased out...

·
Registered
16 Posts
"b" designates it to be a 4-cylinder diesel
"h" ........... 6-cylinder diesel
"f" ............ 6-cylinder gasser

georg

·
Registered
16 Posts
the 13BT would be great choice also. I've done a few swaps utilizing that engine in the 40 and 60 series cruisers with the H55F 5spd trans behind them. the 13BT can be found in Canada, they were standard equipment in the BJ74s.

georg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts