Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
On the exhaust, whether you weld it all up or use clamps is your call. There are clamps that don't leak. A bit more expensive than the plain ones you get at the muffler shop but they work. 3" ones run in the $9 and up range depending on size and material. These are what you often find on big trucks. They come in versions that join equal size pipes and unequal sizes.
View attachment 134321
Thanks! I have a few of these clamps that came with my drivetrain when I bought it. They look to be a pretty good option, I just had never used them before. I'll give those a shot once I get my fuel leaks sorted out. It's funny to me how so many people think, "Oh it runs now! Bet you're glad to be finished!" LOL I am a LOOONG way from finished, but at least I can move around the yard and even drive it to work now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Got some more little stuff buttoned up such as a couple of my factory gauges, and got the exhaust done at a local muffler shop, and drove it about 100 miles yesterday, and so far another 50 today. This thing drives great, and has a little more power than the stock Toyota gasser. The NV4500 is awesome, with a tall enough overdrive that I can cruise happily at 75-80 mph, and I'm still getting more than twice the mileage I was with the original engine. Still a lot of things to finish up, but it is a usable vehicle again, and I can afford to feed it now. I'm glad all this time invested is paying off!

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Got some more little stuff buttoned up such as a couple of my factory gauges, and got the exhaust done at a local muffler shop, and drove it about 100 miles yesterday, and so far another 50 today. This thing drives great, and has a little more power than the stock Toyota gasser. The NV4500 is awesome, with a tall enough overdrive that I can cruise happily at 75-80 mph, and I'm still getting more than twice the mileage I was with the original engine. Still a lot of things to finish up, but it is a usable vehicle again, and I can afford to feed it now. I'm glad all this time invested is paying off!
AWESOME

Reactions: Thechief86

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So far this setup has been working well as a daily driver, although I have some kinks to work out for the transfer case shift linkage still.
But on pavement I've driven it about 1500 miles so far, and seeing high twenties for fuel economy, over 3 tanks of fuel so far. I'm pretty happy with the direction it's heading!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

21 - 24 of 24 Posts