Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
Reminds me of Marks Ol toy from WMS......looks good. I dam neer killed myself rolling the 52s arround, and the 49s wasnt that much fun either. I am still on the edge on weither to swap out the 302 for the 4bt in my buggy. I just dont think I will be happy with the get up and go because of the gearing, but I also run/jump alot at the dunes. What kind of wheelin are you mostly into? Flat/big rocks....rocky hillclimbs etc?

· Registered
335 Posts
sounds like it would be a good swap for you then. I am worried about needing to get some wheel speed up and going, and only having half the rpm before having to shift. There have been quite a few times where im bangin the rev limeter at 6500 back and forth to make it up something. For true crawling though it will definatly be a torque monster, that would just lug its way through, or spin the tires, or break something if it got in a bind with that low of a ratio.....torque is a mother ;) One thing to think about.. everybody will love it at camp, but after a couple of hours on the trail they might be wanting some ear plugs, and a rag to wipe the soot off of there windsheilds :grinpimp: nice to have ya here...later

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.