Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I has a Toyota Land Cruiser Bj40 and want to swap the engine and use 4bt but , I need some recommendations
I bought a toyota Transmission 5 speeds , I not really sure what transmission is like serie 70 is similar to the original bj40 but has 5 speeds the problems is exist a kit to make this conversion or what type of transmission could be use , the most important are I need manual and 4x4.
If anyone has any suggestions thanks for helping.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
You can use an advance adapters chevy bellhousing to go from the 4bt chevy style flywheelhousing adapter to the H41/H42/H55 toyota transmissions. No adapter exists to adapt to the H150/H151 transmissions used in later 70, 80 and 100 series cruisers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And sorry you don't know any site web to buy maybe one bellhousing to use 4bt to H55

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
And sorry you don't know any site web to buy maybe one bellhousing to use 4bt to H55

4bt to chevy style flywheel housing, to this adapter, to H55.

More links:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another possible option is to use a chevy bolt pattern flywheel housing, then use the chevy adapter for the Toyota transmissions. Kind of a round about way of getting there, but it may work. Some info here: JD Customs - Contact

1 - 6 of 6 Posts