Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm doing research into a 6BT swap into a '65 - '67 Lincoln Continental and before i start the project, I want to have all the foreseen needed parts. So my question is this; if I swap a 6BT into the Continental, what would be the best transmission to use? I would prefer a manual, since its just more fun to me. I also intend to do new injectors, fuel pump and a larger turbo. The purpose of this car will be to tool around town and be able to put my foot down and give a new 5.0 a spankin'. I honestly don't know very much about the diesel world, as I've mostly played with big block mopars and built imports. I figure that since i have two fast as hell race cars, I should build something off-the-wall and classy. I thought about doing a 632 stroker, but I've never built a diesel and I wanted to try something new. But now that's I have come to the research stage of the build, the tranny could possibly make or break this build. So based on these purposes, what would be the best options?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The best combo for that car is a 460 w/c-6. Saves probably400 lbs. Probably won't spank many people but surprise many. That combo is the cheapest hp for that platform. Stroker is best next level--on the street, that might beat 3 outa 4 takers. Sounds like you already know what a stroker might cost. Now multiply that figure by 3 and you may get a diesel to hang with it---maybe.

diesel racing ain't cheap. go fast is best left to gassers.

Crawl under the lincoln, and look for a frame--not there, huh. That's the first problem, but not insurmountable. Figure a cage, subframes, and a 4-link to keep torq from twisting that bigmobile in two.

Put a stock 4bt in it, putt around, and brag about your fuel milage. That in itself is plenty cool enough.

Then you'll be in diesel world.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts