Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Probably need to post this in the wanted section. Are you running a divorced transfer case? What transmission?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The NP200 is off to the right enough to keep the drive shaft straight as it connects to the offset (original) differential. It currently has a similar case as the 205, but that is not far enough to the right.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
What year is your Power Wagon, is it one of the old ones that came with a Dodge flathead 6, or a modern one? If an old one, a married 205 with a centered diff. would be a lot stronger and one less driveshaft. Of course need to replace the axle. Also, do you have enough wheelbase for two driveshafts?

Ed

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Ed, might be a bit hard to do a married passenger's drop with the ZF. Those on Fords were all driver's side. The NV4500 and NP205 from a Dodge could be possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What year is your Power Wagon, is it one of the old ones that came with a Dodge flathead 6, or a modern one? If an old one, a married 205 with a centered diff. would be a lot stronger and one less driveshaft. Of course need to replace the axle. Also, do you have enough wheelbase for two driveshafts?

Ed
The Power Wagon is a 1956, that had a flathead 6. Had I known what I know now, I would have replaced the axles with Dana's and been done with it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I need a clean NP200 transfer case in good working condition. I'm doing a 4BT swap in a Power Wagon.
Thank you.
[email protected]
The only vehicles I recall that used a np200 were the old power wagons and the Kaiser built m715( possibly some jeep gladiators ) Check with the Power Wagon crowd. I have a 56 pw also. I used an 86 f350/250 single rear with IH 205 transfer. The 200 offset rear can give a bit of gear noise though it may not be as noticeable with a diesel.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I used to lust for one of those Power Wagons when I was a kid, until I sat in one, got to be short to fit in there. I do all my work outside too, north of Denver,

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
There are several NP202 transfer cases on ebay. I believe these are essentially the same as the NP200 but have a PTO output. Those older case are just hard to find.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A 202 is a center rear drive. I believe they were only used by IH. I had one in my PW till I added an aux trans. The 205 was an inch shorter and I need every inch with the short wheel base. (Still have it in the shed). The one thing I like about the 202, it was designed for twin sticks ,like the 200. It is has a solid shaft and gear on the front ouput with front engagement on the intermediate shaft. Course spline shafts vs fine on the 205

1 - 13 of 13 Posts