Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What transmissions can I use besides the T-19? Id like to use a NP-435 if I could. Would it bolt up ok? What about bellhousings, as long as it's a small block pattern will it work? Thanks in advance for the help. :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
The 4BT I bought came with a small-block pattern adapter and a NP-435 attached. I can't afford the ZF trans for now so I bolted it right up to the NP-435 already in my F-250. It makes for a very cheap swap.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not an OEM adapter only aftermarket such as fordcummins.com.
Actually, cummins does make an adapter for the 385 series (460) engine. I have one in my truck. Supposed to get the number for Bob but hospital stay and family death and I forgot until now. No excuse, sorry Bob! I will try to get the numbers and description of install to you. It does require some machining but adapter cost plus machine work was still $100 cheaper than ford-cummins.
Carl

·
Administrator
4,182 Posts
Hey Carl, just post them in this thread and I'll toss it in the index for future reference.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Lakewood Bellhousing

I got to looking and there may be a chance that you could use one of lakewoods steel bellhousing that adapts GM trannies to Ford engines. I am still researching but if it works than you could correct the tilt at the same time. Plus the bellhousing is under $400 bucks which is a lot but if you have misc part it looks like it is much cheaper that buying a whole adapter plate set.

Anybody tried this and I just missed it? Check out their website. I got stuck on hold too long waiting for tech support.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts