Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There seem to be a big void in new folks completing the registration process using VBulletin.
This isn't rocket science and I think I see a very common mistake being made. Here is how the process goes:

On the upper right corner of the page viewed by the unregistered folks there is a block titled [REGISTER] Most folks have no trouble in locating this part of the process.

Step #1, click on the box and a registration form will appear.

Step #2, fill out the form. Here is a TIP for everybody. 4BT Swaps does NOT SELL email addresses. USE your real internet service providers email address, the one your provider gave you whenever you first signed up through them to access the internet. This avoids the problematic SPAM mail sorting feature used by Yahoo, Hotmail, etc where they automatically toss your confirmation message in the trash junk mail folder. If your setting there are set up to auto-delete you may NEVER receive your confirmation email registration message!
YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO CHANGE YOUR REAL EMAIL ADDRESS TO HOTMAIL, YAHOO OR WHATEVER AFTER you complete the registration process. DISABLE YOUR EMAIL's AUTOMATIC JUNK MAIL DELETE FEATURE IF IT IS TURNED ON BEFORE REGISTERING. YOU CAN NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS!!!

Step #3, Check your email inbox for an email message titled:
Action Required to Activate Membership for Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conv

Step #4, open that email;

Step #5, In that message you will see the following line:
To complete your registration, please visit this URL:
At this point you need to simply click on the link specified which will take you to a webpage here on 4BT Swaps which will tell you that you have completed the registration process.
THAT'S IT, YOU ARE DONE!

There is also a clickable link specified for AOL users

Below that section is another link that is noted as:
**** Does The Above URL Not Work? ****
If the above URL does not work, please use your Web browser to go to:
http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/register.php?a=ver
It states:
Please be sure not to add extra spaces. You will need to type in your username and activation number on the page that appears when you visit the URL.

Your Username is: XXXXXXXX <=the member username you used during registration
Your Activation ID is: e79f157fd9bead3bb5ad3f49e94c9a712222a54
At the above link you will enter your username and cut and paste the Activation ID into the proper blocks. THE ACTIVATION ID IS NOT USED AS A TEMPORARY PASSWORD USED TO INITIALLY LOGIN. IT ONLY WORKS AT THE ABOVE LINK ONE TIME DURING THE INITIAL REGISTRATION PROCESS! I been on some other boards that you use the activation code as an initial password for the first time. The only time VBulletin issues a temporary password is when you loose your password and have to have it reset. The probability of having to do this cut and paste method should be extremely low. THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED CLICKABLE LINKS USUALLY ALWAYS WORK. You use ONLY ONE OF THE ABOVE METHODS to register. Also ENABLE YOUR BROWSER's COOKIES and DISABLE your POP-UP blocker for our site beginning during the registration process and to later view pictures

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Well I know back my computer went down .. I took about 3 months before I could get back on.
I even tried to start over & just do it all new. That may have been that I didn't have another E-MAIL TO GO TO.
... bUT I SURE THINK IT'S HARD TO WORK. NOW I'm not a computer guy so I have no clue why it's has to be so secure.
... But I'm back on so I'm happy now.
... While I'M HERE I think we need a better ... Parts for sale section & Parts wanted section .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts