Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried searching the internet for information but still not certain and hoping someone could help. When searched these numbers had few things come up but didn't really help. So really not sure if these are just basic stock injectors on a 4BT or what they are and was trying to find out before look into upgrading injectors. Also, motor is at friends shop out in BFE and these were the pictures he sent me so it's all I have to go off of at this time. It appears as though it says 320 at the top, KDAL59P16, 260 bar at bottom.
Gesture Microphone Ammunition Bullet Cylinder
Gesture Fluid Finger Liquid Electric blue
Gun accessory Electric blue Fluid Thumb Bullet
Blue Fluid Gun accessory Electric blue Bullet

Thank You for your help!

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Have you set up a Quickserve account? It will tell you all the info on your engine using the serial number.
It is free.
Cheers Steve

·
Registered
13,325 Posts
Do you have the serial number of your engine? If so I can look them up. The 260 bar would tell me your engine should have the P7100 injection pump. The KDAL59P16 is a Bosch part number for the injector body. However, that doesn't match the P7100 body which I believe is KDAL59P6. Need to know that engine serial number to figure out what you have. Also, if you look at the injector nozzle, there is a part number etched into that. That is often hard to read.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Hey if you need to buy some injectors . I have 12 or 16 new ones never used .
I ordered them from E-Bay ... They took forever to get to me. & Of course when they got to me they were wrong.
... SO I got no invoice with my purchase. SO I couldn't try to return them.
& I got 4 boxes of injectors Not the 4 Injectors I needed.
..... But I'll sell you 4 if you need them . Something was wrong ... It's been a couple of years now . these were 7MM & I needed 9mm's or vice versa. ....
SO IF YOU or anyone else is interested I'll sell you 4 & Make you a deal.
These boxes I don't believe there are any numbers on any thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the part I wasn't sure about was the person I got this motor from said he had already upgraded the injectors on this motor since he also had a super HX30 turbo for it. So I wasn't sure how to check and see if he did upgrade them and what they are. So I'm guessing then that the injector nozzle number mentioned above is what I need to get? Just leery on everything I buy now days since just about every item I got from the Hmmwv forums was mislead and sold complete junk. Here is the serial number however hoping they aren't stock and were upgraded.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive wheel system Font

·
Registered
13,325 Posts
OK. You have CPL1839 which is the road use 4bt with the P7100 injection pump. That is the top dog in the 4bt line. The original injectors for that engine were Cummins part 3926819 which is serviced as a kit under part 3802547. 3926819 is Bosch part 0 432 133 861 and the body for those is a KDAL59-P6 and the tips are DSLA145P463 which is Bosch part 0 433 175 077 which is Cummins part 3926815 and are 5x.010 (5x.254 mm) with 145 deg spray angle. This is the historical info on the injectors as the engine was originally manufactured in 1999. We know that what you have now is not the original units. Identifying these isn't going to be easy. We do know they are stamped 260 bar which is correct for a P7100 injection pump. I can find virtually no info on those P16 bodies. The main thing that will determine whether you have an upgrade in performance is the tips. If you look carefully, the tips have a number etched on them. Usually 4 digits. This can help identify them. May need to clean the tip with a little cleaner to be able to read them. Lots of companies sell upgraded injectors based on HP which is useless info. Your engine had 130 HP in stock form but those injectors were capable of over 200 HP. The most common upgrade on your engine would be injectors with 5x.012 tips. The 370 HP marine engines with the P7100 had those but they have a 155 deg spray angle instead of 145 deg. Marine pistons are more open bowled. The number on the 370's is 5969. Here is an injector tip with the number 947B etched on it so you know where to look. If you can find a tip number we may be able to identify what you have. A word on turbos. The original turbo on your engine was an HX30W 42mm which is a good unit. The Super HX30W 46mm is a little better and the largest single that works well on a 4bt. Don't know how much power you intend to make but around 225-250 HP will about be the ceiling. At that point you look to twins. The 250 HP 4bt marine engine had the 5x.012 injectors but used an HX35W water cooled turbo to produce enough air.
Office supplies Human body Microphone Tints and shades Window

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First, I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all the information.

Unfortunately after cleaning and looking all over the injector there aren't any numbers on the tip. So guessing must of been some ebay ones or something that didn't even have numbers on them. Just going to leave it and not worry about it for now since sure they are plenty good enough for time being.

Thank You

1 - 7 of 7 Posts