Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to 4bt swaps and was hoping to find some information on turboing a f6l 912. Im mostly looking to see if i can get away with the stock injection pump or if i can add an aneroid valve or boost compensator to the stock pump. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
Deutz makes both turbo and non turbo engines. If memory serves me right, they don't generally run very high boost pressure. Their compression ratio is17:1 on non turbo engines and 15.5:1 on the turbo models. It could be their piston rings are not designed for a turbo. Don't know if Deutz turbo engines use different pistons in turbo models. The Cummins engines do and you can't turbo a regular engine without changing those. I believe their turbo model is the BF6L912 and there is also a BF6L913T. Here's a shop manual for those engines you might find useful. https://www.deutz-passion.fr/docs/MANUELS_ATELIER/MOTEURS BFL911 912 912W 913 913C.pdf They do have an optional intercooler for these which makes the engine a bit longer since it is mounted out back. You ask about the aneroid. Here's a few photos of one and it definitely has the aneroid. I believe all these use the Bosch A injection pump.

Combat vehicle Motor vehicle Self-propelled artillery Plant Wood

Motor vehicle Combat vehicle Automotive tire Self-propelled artillery Plant

1 - 2 of 2 Posts