Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
There have been many comments regarding the importance of properly orienting the turbo's oil inlet/outlets. While looking at the best way to install my HY35, I downloaded the turbo's service manual, and I noticed that both the compressor and exhaust housings can be indexed from the central housing. If this is correct (and other than messing up the wastegate actuator linkage angles), one could align the oil inlet/outlet to an ideal vertical position, and having the compressor's outlet point to the most favorable angle for the instalation. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Mikel

·
Registered
335 Posts
yep thats correct.... and like you said it makes using the wastgate linkage a little harder since you will have to make a new mount some how..

·
Registered
335 Posts
Oh, I will say that alittle bit of spray lube arround the big C clip made a WORLD of difference when trying to spin the housing back and forth to get it just in the right spot. I wish I would have sprayed it befor I started. :grinpimp: I switched over to another set of clip plyers that are locking because I wasnt able to hold, spin, and eyeball where I wanted all at the same time... my2c Good luck

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just be sure to remove the orientation pins prior rotating the the end housings (if your turbo has them). The Dodge Cummins turbos have the end housings pinned..at least for the last several years... I think since 2001?? They are easy to remove with a small set of vice grips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts