Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the post on housings, and it sparked a question I've had about my set up. I removed, disassembled, cleaned, rebuilt, ect.. my H1c. When I reinstalled it, I clocked my oil inlet/outlet @12:00 and 6:00, respectivly. However, when I put the oil drain tube on, it was nowhere close to lining up. I have to clock the inlet/outlet @ approx. 10:30/4:30, which seems to be too much. I want to say the spec. is no more than 10 degress variance, but I can't be sure...

Any way, is there an easier way to get a more vertical alignment without heating and bending the metal tube that goes into the block?

I was thinking of trying to find a replacement rubber connecting tube that has a bend in it, but there is very little room to play.

Any input would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine is the same way. That's how it was when I took it off, so that's how I put it back on. As long as the bearing housing is not clocked so far off vertical that the oil must pool before it can flow out the return passage (the one below and between the exhaust side bearing and seal), you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You have the "tilted manifold", all the pics I have of those show the drain that way.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, folks! I really appreciate the quick, knowledgable responses!:beer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts