Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorting thru some of the destruction from the previous owner of the engine and the owner of the HX35. Today I am trying to figure out what type of fitting connects to the pressure side of turbo, anyone know? The pressure hose coming out of the block appeared to be 1/4"NPT is that correct?

Any info will be appreciated!

Mike

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am sorting thru some of the destruction from the previous owner of the engine and the owner of the HX35. Today I am trying to figure out what type of fitting connects to the pressure side of turbo, anyone know? The pressure hose coming out of the block appeared to be 1/4"NPT is that correct?

Any info will be appreciated!

Mike
They are metric. The hole on the turbo housing itself is a 12mmx1.5 thread. Im not sure on the oil filter adapter, but you can tap that hole out to a 1/4 pipe without drilling it out. Then you can use -4AN fittings and steel braided line to make up any length hose you need. Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies --- (800-688-6946 Pegasusautoracing.com) carries the 12mmx1.5 to -4AN adapter fitting. They probably have a 1/8 to -4AN fitting that you can install in a 1/4 to 1/8 bushing and thread that into the oil filter adapter that you have tapped out.
Bob B.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts