Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the piping that runs from the turbo to the intake on a 4BT? I'm not looking at installing an intercooler at the moment and would rather not have to fab something up if someone has one they want to sell. Thanks!

· Registered
1,865 Posts
Granted my answer is not what you ask. But this is what I did many years ago. My 4BT I put it into a 72 Ford Bronco .. SO THAT STOCK Metal AIR tube that goes over the motor .. I couldn't put my hood back onto my Bronco.. I was going to cut a hole in my hood.
SO I PUT A 90* angle onto both ends .. & Then i went to the Muffler shop & had my Buddy custom bend me an exhaust pipe 2 inch. It's shaped about like a bit a '' U ''.. mine really has some 60* angles & maybe a couple of 60's . & connected it together with just Good worm gear clamps. on SHORT 2 INCH RUBBER TUBES FOR THIS AIR INTAKE . .. It lays down & wraps around in the front of my motor. Saving me about 4 or 5 inches of height. & Now my stock hood shuts..& The exhaust pipe save me about 75% over buying a couple of those air intake pipes.
Just food for thought.

· Registered
13,457 Posts
Which exhaust manifold setup do you have? There were 3 different ones used on the road versions alone. CPL 0767 uses part 3906661 with exhaust manifold 3906662. That's the manifold that has the turbo in a low tilted position. See photo #1. Engines with rear low mount turbo manifold 3912600 use pipe 3912589. Engines with the turbo in the top center position us manifold 3901635 and pipe 3906624.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts