Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put a twin setup on a 4bt?My goal is a 400hp twin turbo 4,000rpm engine.Any info or suggestions on what turbos to pair up for this application would be great.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You will find it. Scroll through the performance section. It was my plan (got a lot of scoff from a lot of people) but it can be (has been) done with a single turbo set up by two people that I know of. Problem was it wasnt' driveable. A compound set up should take care of that problem.

Inline pumped version, and low compression pistsons and some head work with the usual pump work and lots of air. The low compression pistons seam to be the trick for at least one of the guys who did it. She is a bit tougher to start though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
why wasn't it driveable, turbo lag? or what?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yep,

The guy who used the lower compression pistons have a video on youtube. I think it is posted in the same 400HP discussion on here in one of my posts.

The article saying it was undriveable was in dieselpower back in August or September. Somewhere around there. He was up close to 450HP but the lag was so bad it didn't really do anything for him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts