Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search to answer my question, but after 45-50pgs, gave up:confused:

Question#1: What PS pump(s) (hydroboost) will bolt to my 4bt? (no PS Pump, out of a '86 Ford Hostess truck, Arm-strong steering)

Question#2: If I don't go to the hydraboost option, will the PS/Vac pump combo from a 12V Dodge (mid '90's I think) bolt to the 4bt (there is a plate in the location the 6bt hast the PS/vac combo.

I need a little help, please...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was just in the same boat. I couldn't find 4bt power steering pump so I used a dodge 5.9 vacuum/p.s pump assembly. It bolts right up. I made a support bracket from one of the steering pump mounting studs to the engine block. I'm going to put the old belt driven vacuum pump on ebay.

·
Registered
854 Posts
My 4BT was also a Ford type with a block off plate. I swapped the dodge cummins Vac/PS combo on but had to get a little creative with the oil feed line. I ended up running the line over the pump instead of under. The elbow on the bottom of the vac pump was hitting the engine mount bracket.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Man, that's too funny.....I just clicked on that link and you did the EXACT SAME thing I did!
Right down to the little piece of fuel line slit and slipped over the braided line.

Were we separated at birth? :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfect! Thanks guys!!bounce

1 - 6 of 6 Posts