Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a GM Trans adaptor. This adaptor is the untilted vershion i made for my truck. I made one for a member a few weeks ago so i figured as long as im doing the setup on the CNC i may as well do 2. The price is 1150.00. You can use the GM turbo 400's Gm sm465. GM 420. Without tilting the engine or
tranny

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No Chevy fans out there. It will work with an Auto or a Stick. The nice thing about this adaptor is you can use all the standered parts. Fly Wheel or the auto Flex plate.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I am a big fan, but already all setup.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Looks great. I saw those on ebay and was wondering who was selling them. I would recommend posting up in the vendor showcase too. Thanks, Andre

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Looks great. I saw those on ebay and was wondering who was selling them. I would recommend posting up in the vendor showcase too. Thanks, Andre
patc is selling one too, not to hijack the thread.

That adapter looks great, especially for those that want to run autos without tilting the motor.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Andre. The ones on Ebay are not mine those are made by Destroked.
My adapter is more of the old School adapter it will work with all the older gm transmissions. The ones you see on ebay and destroked are for newer transmissions and will not work for the turbo 400 and the Munci stuff. If anyone needs some more input on my adapter you can call Chris Weekley of Rocky mountain cummins. He has seen the adapter and my truck so he can give you a unbiased opinion of it. I just talked to him yesterday and i may be doing a 3.3 adapter for them.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Rocky Mountain in Denver sounds like? Even here in Salt Lake I think they are RMC too and in a couple other cities. Anyway they look good. When you get a chance maybe post up some more pics I bet you can sell them. Cheers, Andre

·
Registered
66 Posts
that is a very nice looking piece. I am not going to tilt my engine im going t otilt the trans the shops I have talked to said the tranny will still work fine

·
Registered
56 Posts
im actually looking to buy one for a 99 4l80e trans but i will not pay 1400+ for an adapter and flexplate from destroked , your adapter looks good but i will have to buy a adapter on fleabay or a junkyard to get flywheel ,spacer ,starter,wavering , then it will be 1700 + , currently i have a 6bt 12v it had the 47rh on it. i dont think i can reuse those parts do you? maybe welding to the flexplate? for the gm torque converter? i got a budget of around 1k for the adapter ,the tilted ones on fleabay go for 450-650 and theyre complete ready to bolt on , im wiling to pay something extra to get the nasty tilt away :)

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Also Amwise I am looking to make an adapter that I imagine would probably sell at least 30 or so the first year. Mercedes 300D engine to a Land Cruiser (and/or Chevy) adapter. I have a lot of people lined up for it. But am looking for something more in the $600-$650 retail area.. If you are interested let me know! Thanks, Andre

·
Registered
667 Posts
I just talked to him yesterday and i may be doing a 3.3 adapter for them.
How will this adapter bolt to the B3.3? Will it bolt to the SAE flywheel housing? Or will it eliminate the flywheel housing and bolt directly to the block? What flywheel & starter will it use? Will it mate to the NV3500? Eliminating the flywheel housing would make this perfect for the S10 short engine compartment.

Mike

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks Andre. The ones on Ebay are not mine those are made by Destroked.
My adapter is more of the old School adapter it will work with all the older gm transmissions. The ones you see on ebay and destroked are for newer transmissions and will not work for the turbo 400 and the Munci stuff. If anyone needs some more input on my adapter you can call Chris Weekley of Rocky mountain cummins. He has seen the adapter and my truck so he can give you a unbiased opinion of it. I just talked to him yesterday and i may be doing a 3.3 adapter for them.
I contacted Chris Weekley about 1 1/2 years ago (and I keep bugging him every once and a while :D ) he has always been a ton of help for my conversion! He goes out of his way to make sure that people get the right parts and information.

·
Registered
116 Posts
gm adapter

Hello,
Do you still have an that you made adapter for sale?
I am interested. What does it use for a flexplate and starter?
Thanks, Ed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts