Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well there are now 13 vans listed with 4BT's in the lot catalog.
Buyer beware & happy bidding!

·
Registered
2 Posts
4BT's available near Norfolk, VA

I know where there are some old bread trucks (not as big as the Frito Lay trucks) with 4BT's in them. I'm not sure how many he still has but I drive by it daily and he doesn't appear to have sold any. When I was looking he wanted $3500 for them but as far as I could tell they were complete and running...unlike my Dovebid-Frito Lay truck. Anyway, I know this is a high price but if someone is interested I could get the number again...maybe he's dropped his price.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
I know it is not that cool but I am calling dibs on the one in Elko Nevada / listed as Washington State if that is OK.. thanks guys...! Andre

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
fiar enough sorry Ken.. This was for my friend Bill Hartleib who is putting one in his FJ62...
EDIT: thanks ken I will bidding on this I think!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
prices are going up

After looking at what these vans went for out here in the west all I can say is :puke:
I hope that they try and saturate the market again and maybe the prices will come back down. Just a year ago they could hardly give them away.

Andre did you get that van in Elko Nevada? I saw it went for a low price of 1675 How will you move it that great distance with a dead trans?

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
we did not end up getting it, I hope I didn't screw anyone up with it.. Elko is about 3-4 hours from here, not too bad.. So I was planning a little road trip with the trailer LOL.. You can get them on most trailers usually by removing one or two of the rear dually wheels.. We actually found a super cheap 4BT that powered a airplane deicer but it had that Bosch inline A pump (not the 7100 pump). So the question is use that, or maybe just keep it around to use as a generator some day :smile:

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
about $1700 if I remember correctly. Really not that good a deal IMO...

·
Registered
57 Posts
about $1700 if I remember correctly. Really not that good a deal IMO...
Unless you live out in California. The three 4bt vans in Modesto/Sacramento area went above 3K each. :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.