Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope SOMEONE does. Here's the situation:

I have a nice, pretty 6bt sitting in my garage, where various mishaps have kept if for the last year. It is supposed to be in this truck RIGHT NOW, and I would really like to have it, what with the ludicrous price of gas and all. So my plan is this: Do not allow another thing to interfere.

I propose that upon my return to UT in the beginning/middle of June, that a vicious thrash to install this thing commences, with help from anyone that's done it before. The motor was installed in a smaller Chevy truck, so it's nearly a bolt-in deal, but I could use help wiring it up, and it's always nice to have someone around that's done it before. Besides, I haven't met anyone off this board yet.

I know there's at least a couple of you around (and if any of you are the guy with the shortbed Chevy pickup I saw at TeraFlex about a month ago, holla).

anyway if anyone's interested, give me a call, my internet connectivity is pretty limited from inside this truck LOL Thanks!

Tacoma 435.224.2453

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Sounds like a killer plan.. The only issue I have right now is busy-as-all-hell with no end in site in the forseeable future. That said I would love to come down for at least one night. Wiriing wise -- super easy, unless its a 24 valve then similar to wiring up a EFI gas engine.

I would take a peek as some of the motormount threads.. If its a 12 valve, that will be the most complicated / time consuming part out of all of it...

Engine placement is a big thing too, recommend taking time to make sure you get it exactly how you want it.. Cheers!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's already got Chevy mounts. I just need to bolt this thing up. It's located pretty nicely. :)

I may take it up to Ogden, where I might have some shop space available. Would be nice to do this somewhere other than my driveway, preferably somewhere like that shop, with a nice overhead crane available LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts