Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a 92 6BT have a vacuum pump like the 94???

I'm trying to figure out how to do the brakes on my Landcruiser conversion. Could I run the LC booster/ mastercylinder and use the stock vacuum pump, if there is one, or

could I take the vacuum pump/ps pump off my 94 and use that boost/cylinder and run the clutch off it as well?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
your L/C just needs vac to run the brakes,so you'll just run your line from the vac pump to your booster.

The hyd boost can not run the clutch system !

dpends on what the 6b came from so many different styles of P/S and vac pump from years and or where the engine came out of .If your talking about a 6b from a dodge than they will swap 4b to 6b ect.

CrewCab59

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Would a 92 6BT have a vacuum pump like the 94???

I'm trying to figure out how to do the brakes on my Landcruiser conversion. Could I run the LC booster/ mastercylinder and use the stock vacuum pump, if there is one, or

could I take the vacuum pump/ps pump off my 94 and use that boost/cylinder and run the clutch off it as well?
A 92' Dodge Cummins would have the same style vac pump as a 94' Dodge Cummins. If it is a vacuum pump/pwr steering unit and not a hydroboost set-up.

Any Dodge Vacuum Pump/Pwr Steering is going to work for the LC booster. The earliest Dodge 89-91.5ish has the twin pod canister vacuum pumps. I have not measured them side-by-side but from the looks the earlier version is taking up less space from the accessory drive location towards the firewall, a bit more space from the engine block outwards. 91.5-up had the vane style pumps, there were at least three generations of these style vac pumps going up thru the years. All styles servicable and/or replacement parts available, some reasonable others not...

I doubt running a clutch hyd. off hydroboost is doable but I have never seen it done so what do I know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The ps pump is the same, the 92 engine wasn't in front of me at the time I posted, thanks for the responses!

There are two reservoirs on top of the master cylinder one for brake fluid and one for clutch right?, don't they both run off the same pump?
or are they both brake? front and rear?
then where is the clutch cylinder?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but where the hell is the clutch??
I have nothing to go off of, theres no tranny, no clutch on the 94 i have.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
if you look to the left of the Brake booster and brake master you see the clutch master ,it will have a black plasic line going to the trans clutch slave cylinder.

The brake master and booster you post is only for the brakes !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The brake master and booster you post is only for the brakes !
yeah got that, i'm still learning!

I think the clutch stuff on this rig is gone, nothing to the left of the brake boost, it was an auto as well, if that matters, and the tranny/bellhousing is gone, presume they took the clutch stuff too.

Any ideas on how to hook up the clutch to the Landcruiser stuff? Kits etc????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts