Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 f250 7.3 that I converted to alt fuel . I changed out the mech fuel pump to a late 99 ele. pump for the front tank with the top of the timing cover, filter and factory lines to the heads with 1/8 in check valves in line , and at the other end of the heads, put in another set of check valves for the rear tank with 2 elect factory fuel pumps. these pumps are run with relays and toggle switches to switch from the two fuel sources. I put in a fuel press gauge in the front plug in the head in the fuel rail [drilled and tapped it to 1/8 npt] so that I can watch fuel pressure . the problem is that when starting ,one of the injectors must be leaking a small amount of compression into the fuel side because the gauge wobbles with the speed of the engine. It comes down in a couple of seconds,but it will destroy a 100 lb guage. the engine runs fine ,on all 8 when cold,starts in 1/2 second or so but I know that it has a bad nozzle . how do I find out wich one ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you do in fact have a bad injector, you will need to get a scanner on the truck, and run a cylinder contribution test. Byt honestly, it sounds like a wiring/ground issue. What brand gauge do you have?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I found the problem with the injectors a long time ago but didn't post it . You have to hone the check valve seats in the injectors to fix the problem. Remember, these injectors have 300 thou on them. they are very simple when you figure them out. Any way, the trans just quit yesterday at 351300 miles. So I got 61 tho on the 73 with drain oil for fuel. since may of 2013. Ps The computer system for the early power stroke can not single out injectors it can only find left bank or right bank. This was a 215 hp engine with AA injectors

1 - 3 of 3 Posts