Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to find some information on an injection pump that I just bought. 4BT VE.
Part numbers
Cummins 3356379
Bosch 0460424144
Thanks.

·
Registered
12,074 Posts
Not really a lot I could tell you about it. It is an industrial VE pump but only Bosch could tell you any detail specs. The breakdown diagram I found indicates it has a solenoid KSB unit which probably means it had some EPA certification. Here's the link to that diagram. 0 460 424 144, Fuel distributor injection pump BOSCH VE series, 0460424144 If you went to buy one in the US they are super expensive. $5000 list and usually selling around $3500. You can get them out of China for around $500. LOL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I wasn’t able to find much either. I did find a Ford part number for it so I’m assuming it was used in foreign country in a van or truck.
Ford bf6x9a543aa

·
Registered
12,074 Posts
The fact that you found the Ford part # would indicate it was used in a factory built vehicle. The E350 vans from the early days were modified after they were built so their pump didn't have a Ford number here in the US. A good guess would be Europe or South America. They still build trucks in Brazil with the 4bt but not ones using that injection pump. For fun, you might take that Ford part # down to the local dealer and see if they can tell you what vehicle it came on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm party curious about this upon reading. It would be wise to have it look by your local dealer and I'm following!

·
Registered
12,074 Posts
Everything I found seems to point to engines or vehicles manufactured in Brazil. Can't seem to pin down a specific vehicle that may have used the engine.

·
Registered
12,074 Posts
That sounds totally possible. Ford sold out the Cargo van series to Iveco in 1991 but it still went by the Ford name. Those trucks were sold in Europe and Brazil which also fits the ticket. That chassis platform may also have been used in some buses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts