Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I rebuilt my VE pump on my 4bt years ago there was one thing that has perplexed me on what it does for the pump or how it runs. Maybe it's one of those things I've over thought and I'm blowing it out of proportion. I had a spare pump lying around so I took a pic of what I'm talking about. I'm sure this is common with all VE pumps. This part has yellow paint (non-tamper) on it. There's a lock nut on the front of the pump that holds this shaft in place. Can this shaft be set or adjusted properly? So i screw it in and lock it in place with the nut? I realize it's for the flyweight to rotate on, but I'm curious as to if there's a proper way adjusting it. Again, maybe I'm over thinking this component. See pic. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right looks like it is 106 or 108 or 109....kinda blurry in the pic. Just didn't know if there was an actual setup procedure on it? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
108 I think, doubt if there is much set up, guess it just screws in and then the lock nut secures it. The governor sleeve just slides on the shaft and works against a lever. That end of the shaft does not seat into anything.
Cheers Steve

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, It looks like the general consensus is 2.5 to 2.6 turns out. The only reason I'm investigating it is because ever since day one on my expedition conversion I've had what feels like a defueling issue at around 20% throttle. I've ruled out everything else I can think of, my fool around with this gov shaft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts