Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting started on my bus tdi swap! I'll be posting a big backlog of pics from the start until present.

First up was I found a donor car, 01 jetta for 100 bucks! It was quite a drive and a bit of a fiasco but well worth it. Next day had the engine out ready to strip it down for a rebuild/upgrades.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ready for things to get weird? Engine being backed up with a subi 5 speed. I've seen a few buses running the og 091 trans and they essentially detonate soon after the swap.

Here's the tear down and case clearance work to flip the ring and pinion to make it work in reverse orientation.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Blue Asphalt
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Engineering Automotive design Gas
Automotive tire Rim Gas Auto part Machine

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One year passes...........

Finally get my Subarugears kit, and the adaptor doesn't fit 🤦‍♂️. Got ahold of the guy (in Australia) and he corrected all the issues with the adaptor. Waiting again another 8 weeks.
Couch Motor vehicle Outdoor furniture Rectangle Gas

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
So is your van 4wd or 2wd? Looks 4wd with those tyres but 2wd with the tail-housing on that transmission.

First time I've seen inside pics of a subaru transmission. People had told me over the years that they drove back through the main-shaft and that was impossible. But I see they drive through the idler shaft which makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had to pull the ac compressor off the original location, simply in the way of absolutely everything. Future plan may be to locate up higher where the ps pump used to go.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts