Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Cooling will be done with a new type 2 front grill and rad. Was gonna do an in bay dual radiator setup but decided to change as I've seen a few dome that way and they don't seem to cool very well. Ordered a grill from a guy in Mexico, unfortunately the new style front sheet metal is now unavailable so I'll be making that from scratch.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Made a bushing to keep shift rod only moving linear and rotational, subi trans shift rod comes out off to the side so had to make a universal shaft to join the bus to the subi trans. Mocked up and seems to be shifting good. I'll be switch the o ring for safety wire as soon as I find it in my mess.
Hand Finger Thumb Wood Nail
Wood Finger Thumb Gas Wrist
Material property Wood Gas Office supplies Asphalt
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Gas Tints and shades

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Small update, fedex screwing me right now been waiting over 2 weeks for parts.

Made a little adaptor to run a 1/8 npt temp sensor in the og vw coolant housing. Some place wanted 50 bucks for this part.

Took an off cut of aluminium I had and 10 minutes to cut one on my lathe.
Hand Finger Thumb Nail Wood

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Got sheet metal over the weekend. Starting on the "doghouse". Words can't describe how much I don't like welding sheet metal but it's coming along pretty well so far.

Rad sits at a 10° angle to clear the inlet and outlet from the front frame area and save room by the pedals

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper
Window Rectangle Wood Grille Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper
looks like I'll have enough room in the future to add and condensor behind the grill as well.

I'll be running a 16 inch slim line fan as a puller

Attachments

21 - 40 of 56 Posts